06 July 2010

Nappin' and a Scratchin'

Hello my Long-Lost Peeps!  

You have probably wondering why I have not been doing a very good job on keeping you up to date on Josie Life.  The truth is, Josie Life has been on vacation because it is summer time now!   

When I first came to my Forever Home in Blue House Land, mama had me working hard.  I had to learn so many new things about my house and my new people, and then I had to learn how to be a Good Citizen and how to listen to mama at agility class, and I had to work hard to grow all my shiny fur, too.  

I still have a lot of work to do -- in fact, mama says I am starting my Teedy-Eye class next week (I'd better rest up while I can!).  But she also says that I have the whole Rest of My Life to become a Teedy-Eye and that for now, I just get to be a regular dog and enjoy my first summer of freedom. 

So I have been doing a whole lot of patio sittin':



And yard watchin':


Fancy-new-clothes wearin':



Don't forget some afternoon wrasslin':


And of course, treat eatin':


And my personal favorite, a whole lot of new-people meetin'*:




I hope that you are having a relaxing summer, too!

XOXO,

Josie Valentine

-----
*Bonus Instructional Pictorial: How to Meet a New Person by Josie V. Nick:

Step 1.  Sniff person and see if they have any treats in their hand.
Step 2.  If treat, sit for treat.
Step 3.  If no treat, wag tail excessively until treat is produced (see Figure 1).

Figure 1.

Step 4. Receive scratches behind the ear.   Begin to entice others in the surrounding area to come forward and produce a more full-body scratch.  Also, they might have treats.  (See Figure 2.)


Figure 2.

Step 5. Attempt to crawl inside new person.
Step 6. Barring success in Step #5, get as close to new person as possible.
Step 7. Continue to mush yourself into new person for as long as possible, i.e. until they make you stop.  Tip:  Closing your eyes will generally prolong the mushing process.
Step 8. Enjoy new friend.  (See Figure 3). 

Figure 3.


1 comment:

  1. Your dogs are so beautiful! I'd be interested to hear how your therapy work goes. Miss M has CGC, but we haven't gone past that. Looks like you're all having a good summer!

    ReplyDelete